Imbali Safari Lodge, Kruger National Park
Imbali Safari Lodge is an exclusive lodge within the world-renowned Kruger National Park. At Imbali Safari Lodge the emphasis is on comfort and also to experience a safari tradition of a bygone era. In the 1900’s the African Safari was a journey of great danger and even greater luxury. Imbali Safari Lodge is located within the private 10 000-hectare concession of Mluwati in the western region of the Kruger National Park, bordering the northern Sabi Sands and Manyeleti Game Reserves.
Guests are accommodated in twelve 12 private suites, each with their own private Jacuzzi or plunge pool, subtly decorated in neutral colours with enchanting splashes of African tradition, from the ornate wall lamps to the comfortable textured pillows.
Large French doors run the length of the room to let the beautiful outside wilderness in, on your terms; an expansive deck overlooks the Nwaswitsontso river or savannah grasslands with a Jacuzzi or outdoor pool to complete your leisure bush experience. Relax on the sunbed with a book or let those bubbles soothe your weary muscles; the chattering of weavers, thrushes and kingfishers providing a magical bush playlist for your relaxation.
The spacious stone and marble bathroom feature a separate claw-foot bathtub and shower with signature bath amenities, a hairdryer and fluffy bathrobes. While soaking in bath salts enjoy the view and piece of the Kruger bush.
Sink into the comfortable king-size bed for a quick siesta after an active day’s safari; a mosquito net wraps the entire bed in the evening. On your pillow find a prediction of the next day’s weather and something sweet provided as a nightcap preparing you for pleasant dreams in the bush.
• Twelve private suites (each with own private Jacuzzi or plunge pool)
• Large King size beds
• Romantic en-suite bathroom
• Views of the wilderness
• Mosquito nets
• Complimentary wi-fi (in the main area)
• Sparkling swimming pool (in the main area)
• Spa treatments (available in the privacy of your suite)
Enjoy an extensive cold and hot buffet breakfast in Imbali Safari Lodge’s comfortable dining room; an impressive Jackalberry rising right through the deck of dining room through the Tsonga-styled thatched roof.
Lunch is a light, informal affair with a buffet laden with tasty salads and meats served in relaxed surroundings; the sounds of the bush providing all the accompaniment you need for a memorable dining experience.
Enjoy High Tea with a tasty selection of cakes and pastries baked freshly at the lodge before leaving on your afternoon’s safari.
After an enjoyable night drive indulges in a magical three-course dinner under the stars. Celebrate the day with good wine and good conversation while you listen to the sounds of the surrounding bush coming alive at night.
Note: Guests are welcome to pre-arrange for lunch or dinner to be served as a private meal on their deck or in the suite although it is usually served at the main lodge. Although both lunch and dinner are served at the main lodge, guests can arrange for a private meal on their deck or in-suite.
Guests will enjoy some of Kruger’s most spectacular landscapes and an extraordinary variety of wildlife, birdlife and plant life within the Mluwati Concession, ensuring that each safari experience will be unique.
During your stay at Imbali Safari Lodge, you will experience morning and evening safaris. Witness the excitement of the first rains; the terrapins playing in river pools, the call of the Pied Kingfisher and steady chirping of sociable tree frogs.
Witness the excitement of the first rains; the terrapins playing in river pools, the call of the Pied Kingfisher and steady chirping of sociable tree frogs.
Savour the rich smells of the bush, hear the shrill calls of the Magpie Shrike and see the wind blowing through the feather grass dotting the savannah plains.
A safari at Imbali will reveal new scents, curious sounds and the beauty of an extraordinary African landscape to delight your senses.
The camp is situated in a Malaria area. Gate entry fees are applicable and are charged per person per stay.
Please note the below Kruger Gate Times:
05h30 – 18h30 – January, February, November and December
05h30 – 18h00 – March and October
06h00 – 18h00 – April, August and September
06h00 – 17h30 – May, June and July
All guests must enter at Orpen Gate a minimum of 1.5 hours and Paul Kruger Gate 3 hours before gate closure.
PLEASE NOTE: If guests are not in time at the respective gates, before the official gate closing times, the Kruger Park personal will not allow entrance into the Kruger. Alternative accommodation will, therefore, have to be arranged
Situated in the Kruger National Park in the Limpopo Province approximately:
1 January 2017 - 31 December 2017
R7050 per person per night sharing
R9770 per single person per night
The above rates include:
Children from the age of 6 years are welcome at the lodge and are charged applicable child rates up until the age of 11, when sharing with two adults.
• three meals,
• local beverages (soft drinks, water, beer, selected wines and spirits),.
• two game activities
• premium brand drinks
• massage treatments
• items of personal nature
• gate entry fees which are currently R70.00 ppp stay
-Ask us about the Kruger & Cape Town combination package offers
-Special offers for short notice within 7 days of arrival
-Special offers for a minimum of 3 nights stay.
-We also offer discounted rates for SA residents.
-Special offers aren't applicable during long weekends or during peak season
• Welcome drinks on arrival. No cell phone reception and limited land lines, Internet facilities at the main lodge
• Swimming pool. Spa treatments available in the privacy of your room at an additional charge.
• Check out time: 11h00 check in: 13h00 hrs. Credit cards accepted are VISA and MasterCard. AMEX with a 5% surcharge
• Safaris in 4 x 4 vehicles, bird watching, self drive in the Kruger National Park, guided safari walks by prior arrangement
• Children under 12 years of age can be accommodated with parents in the same room.
• 0 - 5 years of age Complimentary when sharing with full paying adults
• 6 - 11 years of age Pay published child rate when sharing with two full paying adults
• Full adult rate applicable if occupying their own room or if sharing with one full paying adult
• Children under the age of 8 years are not permitted on game drive
• A maximum of two children under 12 years can share with parents
• 12 years and older Considered as adults and accommodated in their own rooms. Pay full adult rates.
Not applicable, rooms accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children under the age of 12 years
• Butlers on call
• Suites with outside plunge pools
• Set on the banks of the Nwaswitsontso River
• Inside separate bath and shower
• Located within the iconic Kruger National Park
• Children from 6 years welcome
• WiFi available at main lodge
• The camp is situated in a Malaria area. Gate entry fees are applicable and are charged per person per stay.
• Kruger Gate Times:
• 05h30 – 18h30 – January, February, November & December l 05h30 – 18h00 – March & October AND 06h00 – 18h00 – April, August & September l 06h00 – 17h30 – May, June & July
• All guests must enter at Orpen Gate a minimum of 1.5 Hours and Paul Kruger Gate 3 hours before gate closure. PLEASE NOTE: If guests are not in time at the respective gates, they will not be permitted to enter the park and they will have to find alternative accommodation or that night
50% deposit to secure a booking
Balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival
Bookings made within the 6 weeks prior to arrival period require full pre-payment.