Cape Town ’s Big 6 AttractionsSafari Destinations
Cape Town gears up for the festive season
Cape Town’s Big 6 Attractions
Cape Town launched a partnership between six of its major tourist attractions, offering summer events and specials
Known as the ‘Big 6’, the partnership is between Cape Point, Groot Constantia, Kirstenbosch, Robben Island Museum, Table Mountain Cableway and the V&A Waterfront, which have collaborated with a jam-packed line-up of events to showcase the best that the attractions have to offer, to both local and international tourists visiting the region.
Each attraction will offer special performances or discounts on events happening at the destinations.
- The V&A Waterfront has launched a new urban park – the Battery Park – on the Canal District, which will provide families with a 12 000 sqm play and picnic area. From November 1-11, the Waterfront will play host to the Cape Town Buskers Festival, with international and local acts performing. The Silo Concerts will also be held, and include the Cape Philharmonic Orchestra; Summer Sessions showcasing emerging South African artists live at the outdoor Amphitheatre; Galileo Open Air cinema for movie lovers and children; Magic of Christmas Show; and the annual New Year’s Eve celebration.
- Groot Constantia is offering special deals on its Chocolate and Wine Pairing experience; while the Visitors Route Experience will take guests through the 333-year-old heritage core of Groot Constantia with a Cellar Tour, offer access to the famed Cloete Cellar and Manor House, wine tasting, and three entertaining audio tours, one of which takes visitors on a walk through the historic vineyards.
- Robben Island Museum will extend its boat departure times, with boats departing at 09h00, 11h00, 13h00 and 15h00. The tour includes a return trip across Table Bay, a visit to the maximum-security prison, guided by one of Robben Island’s ex political prisoners, and a bus tour of the island. Guests will also visit Nelson Mandela’s prison cell on Robben Island.
- Visitors can experience the beautiful African sunset views from the top of Table Mountain, travelling with the Table Mountain Cableway. The Sunset Special runs from November 1 2018 to February 28, 2019 (excluding December 20 to January 2).
- The annual Summer Sunset Concerts can be enjoyed at the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, from November 8, 2018 to March 31, 2019.
- Cape Point will offer specials to South Africans from November 1.
Accommodation options in Cape Town V&A Waterfront; Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront
Original article by Tourism Update