Sabi-Sand Cheetah Plains – we promise you an authentic safari experience with breathtaking bushveld, plentiful wildlife, comfortable safari-style accommodation, service with a smile and delicious South African home style dining.
At Cheetah Plains, you’ll be blown away by the abundant wildlife and unparalleled Big Five game viewing – all within the famous 65 000ha Sabi Sand game reserve.
Escape to the heart of the South African bushveld and let us help create memories to last a lifetime!
At Cheetah Plains Private Game Reserve, expect all five senses to be awakened by your African bushveld experience – bush buck and nyala roam freely among the chalets. You might hear the sound of lion, hippo, hyena, jackal and more calling out across the bushveld at night.
Cheetah Plains is one of the oldest bush camps in the Sabi Sand. Our emphasis is on offering guests traditional Safari values of comfortable accommodation, combined with great food, prepared around the campfire.
Excellent game viewing on 8 500 ha and friendly attentive staff will round off your safari. Cheetah Plains has only eight rooms & a Bush Cottage which ensures an exclusive Safari experience.
The traditionally-thatched chalets & Bush Cottage at Cheetah Plains melt into beautiful indigenous gardens, which in turn are surrounded by pristine African bushveld.
Our style reflects ethnic influences while embracing the best of contemporary touches, creating a harmonious flow between pampered relaxation and the raw South African bushveld.
Each individual room has either a double bed or two single beds, an en-suite shower, air-conditioning, mosquito net and veranda overlooking the gardens and the wild African bush.
The Bush Cottage has two bedrooms, comfortable lounge / kitchenette area, a shower & bath with separate toilet, mosquito nets, air conditioning as well as a veranda overlooking the surrounding bushveld.
High Season Dates: PEAK SEASON: 19 December 2017 - 05 January 2018High Season Rates:
Single: R 8 995,00
Sharing: R 5995,00
Single: R 9795,00
Sharing: R 6 495,00
Luxury Bush Cottage 3 guest min: R 6 495,00
Singles subject to an additional 50% single supplementNormal Rates:
06 January 2017 - 18 December 2017
Single: R 7 795,00
Sharing: R 5 195,00
Single: R 8 495,00
Sharing: R 5 695,00
Luxury Bush Cottage 3 guest min: R 5 695,00
Singles subject to an additional 50% single supplement
When you enquire ask us about our Safari-Destinations specials currently running.
• Swimming pool
• Bar & lounge area
• Viewing deck
• Internet access (limited)
• Well stocked curio shop
• All rooms have air conditioning as well as overhead fans to ensure your comfort.
• At the lodge, we do accept ZAR currency, and payments for extras can also be done by credit card or Snapscan. We accept Master & Visa Cards only.
• If you wish to have any laundry done, please use the laundry basket provided and remember to fill in the laundry list provided. Charges will be levied.
• A digital safe is provided in your room for your valuables.
• No children 12 years and younger are permitted at Cheetah Plains
• Only children 6 years and older are welcome and allowed on the game drives
• The Sabi Sand Game Reserve is situated in a malaria area. Please consult your GP or a Travel Doctor for advice on precautionary medication.
• Cheetah Plains is situated in a natural wildlife game reserve. Do not walk outside the demarcated perimeter of the camp unassisted. Please be aware at all times.
• They are not able to offer Bush Walks at Cheetah Plains as they are still waiting for their rifle licences to be processed by SAPS.
• Excluded from rates are: Sabi Sand Reserve entrance fees & conservation fees which will be charged (in cash) at Gowrie Gate - Transfers to and from the lodge other than the Arathusa airstrip - Curio shop purchases - Laundry - Gratuities - Telephone calls - All other incidental costs - Emergency medical evacuation - Travel insurance / travel cancellation refunds - All premium spirits, wines (sparkling & champagne), mineral water
• We highly recommend that all guests have travel insurance & medical insurance cover for all unexpected incidents & to insure cancellation fees are covered
• A minimum stay of 3 nights is recommended to get the full benefit of the safari experience
Only written cancellations to Safari Destinations will be accepted.