Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Kuname Lodge is a small, unashamedly exclusive, luxury safari lodge set in about 9,000 hectares of pristine African bush, in the Karongwe Private Game Reserve. We are only 45 minutes drive from the world-famous Kruger National Park in South Africa.
Bordered by the towering Drakensberg escarpment on the west and set in game-rich, lush, riverine vegetation, the facility offers a variety of breathtaking views, diverse landscapes and some of the best big five game-viewing opportunities in southern Africa.
Traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, Kuname River Lodge is home to the Big Five (Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Rhino and Elephant) as well as a wealth of other creatures.
Our open vehicle game drives are perfect for game viewing. Enjoy a sundowner while the sun sets over the magnificent Drakensberg Mountains.
The magnificent game viewing makes for perfect photographic opportunities; enjoy the view of the Lowveld from a “kopje” amid the lush vegetation, huge variety of trees and over 365 different bird species. Game drives are conducted with our qualified game rangers and Shangaan trackers – who will share their vast experience of the African Bush and a chance to view Cheetah on foot.
Accommodation at the main Kuname lodge is in five private, comfortable suites, nestled in dense bush overlooking the majestic Drakensberg escarpment. Main Lodge – 4 Luxury Suite, 1 Premier Suite
The air-conditioned suites are decorated in an elegant African style, with each item of artwork having its own story.The en-suite bathrooms include an outdoor shower as well as a luxurious outdoor bath. The magnificent views from the quaint private wooden decks on each of the suites simply take your breath away.
Kuname Manor House – your perfect home away from home experience!
Kuname Manor House, surrounded by a big Weeping Boer Bean and Jackal Berry Trees, brings you closer to Mother Nature – here, you can feel, touch, smell and see the African Bush at its best and be warmly welcomed into our piece of Paradise.
The Manor House, a new addition to the Kuname Family, is a beautiful three bed room and property situated on the banks of the Kuvenyami River.
Enquire about the SA resident special rates
Address: Kuname Lodge, Karongwe Game Reserve, R36, Hoedspruit
No Children under 12 Years in the Main Lodge - children are allowed at the Manor House
Main Lodge - 4 Luxury Suite, 1 Premier Suite
Manor House - 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom and own private pool - Children Allowed
KUNAME - GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Terms and Conditions
• Single supplement of 40%.
• Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted at Kuname Lodge unless staying with parents in Kuname Manor House.
• Children between 0 and 2 years old are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
• Children from the ages of 3 years to 11 years old are accommodated at 50% of the adult tariff, sharing a family room with adults.
• All children will be charged the Reserve Fees.
• Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the applicable tariff.
• Children under 6 yrs. are not permitted on any Game Drives
High Season Dates: Jan - April & August - December
• All meals, teas, coffees and snacks.
• Dawn and dusk safaris in open Land Rovers.
• Drinks on dusk safaris are limited to one per person with a choice of local beer, wine or soft drink.
• Wi-Fi at all lodges.
• Fees - Are all included in the per person per night cost.
• Any transfers from Southern boom gate are included.
• Airport and road transfers, including chartered flights landing at Hoedspruit Civil Air Base.
• Mini Bar, curio, telephone, spa and laundry expenses.
• All Beverage