Accommodation Category: Lodge
- Special Offers
- Child Policy
- High Season Dates
- High Season Rates
- Normal Rates
- Rates Document
Kwenga Safari Lodge
Balule Nature Reserve, Greater Kruger Park
The vast Balule Game Reserve is adjacent to the Kruger Park, in the Eastern Lowveld with the closest town being Hoedspruit. Balule and the Greater Kruger Park is home to the Big Five and world famous for its abundance of wildlife and bird life.
In the Balule Game Reserve you will find the Big Five roaming freely between the Balule Game Reserve and the world renowned Kruger National Park, including Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo, and the Rhino.
The Balule Private Game Reserve was created over 14 years ago when a few enterprising farm owners decided to drop the game fences between their farms. Balule continued expanding all the time as other landowners join the initiative to become incorporated into the Greater Kruger Park Management Area.
This has since grown into a 35000 ha Private Game and Nature Reserve with the perennial Olifants River flowing for approximately 20km through the centre of the reserve.
To fully appreciate the authentic wildlife experience in the Balule Reserve and Greater Kruger Park and all it has to offer we recommend a stay of a few nights.
Our Balule Accommodation search facility is easy to use and you make your accommodation bookings directly with the venues. Lodges within the reserve include self-catering, B&B style and fully catered, luxury game lodges. Special offers are highlighted, and reviews will help you make informed choices.
Kwenga Safari Lodge is in the Balule Private Nature Reserve adjacent to the Kruger National Park and is a dedicated animal conservation area, a real African wildlife wilderness.
The Safari tours at Kwenga in the Balule is offering you the best of an African Safari. These safari drives are exclusive and personal with qualified guides.
A drive amongst the African Big Five is what Game viewing was meant to be. Whether that is game viewing in the Balule or in Kruger National Park , you will be enthralled by the sightings.
Balule Nature reserve is a dedicated conservation area and one of the best Safari destinations for African Safari Holidays. The Balule game reserve might not be as famous as the neighboring reserves such as Klaserie, Sabi Sand, Timbavati but it still offers the same game rich experience.
The area attracts a diverse variety of birds and wildlife, including Lion, White Rhino, Buffalo, Leopard, Elephant, Cheetah and other African game.
Visitors are exposed to the magnificent views of the majestic Drakensberg Mountains from the reserve’s natural vantage points – perfect for romantic sun downers.
A visit to Kwenga Safari Lodge is an experience that will touch your very being. Guests are exposed to the true Africa, they quickly adapt to the mystical rhythm of the bush hence the quotation by a famous personality “a place where time stops and life begins…”
Safari game drives, and guided bush walks in the traversing area and many other activities offsite are available for your enjoyment.
We have a saying on our piece of paradise which is as follows:
“Take nothing but your memories, leave nothing but your footprints”
Stay longer and use Kwenga Safari Lodge as your base to explore the area with all the world class attractions and activities. Kwenga’s team can arrange all these additional activities during your stay.
Enquire about the last minute special rates as well as long stay specials for 4 nights and more by sending us an email on email@example.com
Address: Unnamed Road
NO children under 6, unless the exclusive use of the lodge is booked out
• Children from 13 years pay full rate.
• Children 6 to 12 pay 50% of the full rate.
• Please note no children under 6 years at Kwenga Safari Lodge.(unless the entire lodge is booked privately)
• Children between the age of 6 and 11 are permitted on game drives at the sole discretion of the rangers/ guides. Whilst every effort is made to accommodate children, we reserve the right to provide alternative meal arrangements for children in consideration of other guests in the lodge.
4 x LUXURY rooms with all the comfort plus outside showers, private patio and aircon
2 x standard rooms with en suite bathroom and overhead fans in the room.
1 x honeymoon room with en suite bathroom facilities, plus an outside shower and private patio.
1 luxury pending
• All rates are per person per night sharing or per single
• Please note all our rates are subject to change without prior notice. (subject to Government V.A.T. (15%) and VAT, fuel, food and other price fluctuations)
• Special rates and discounts can NEVER be combined.
• Cancellation Policy & Deposit policy in place
• All bookings paid for or confirmed (50% deposit) prior to any change of rates, will be honoured
• We are in a low-risk malaria area, as we are part of the Kruger National Park. Please consult your doctor for advice on malaria prophylaxis recommendations and further information. Please bring your own mosquito repellents. Mosquitoes are usually not present during our Winter months
• Kwenga Safari Lodge shall not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of any property whether belonging to the client or any of the guests, nor shall Kwenga Safari Lodge be responsible for any personal injury which may be sustained by any guests or by any directors, servants or agents of the client, whether such damage or personal injury be caused by, or arise from the negligence of Kwenga Safari Lodge or its employees or otherwise. The client hereby indemnifies Kwenga Safari Lodge and all its directors, servants or agents of the client in respect of such personal injury, loss or damage.
• All guests will be required to settle their extras accounts on departure for extras, levies, beverages, etc. This can be done cash or by secure online credit card payment before check-out.
• Bank and credit card fees are to be covered by the guest/agent, this is not covered by Kwenga Safari Lodge.
• Insurance: We recommend that all guests have sufficient travel insurance to cover injury, medical costs, emergency evacuation, repatriation, loss or damage to personal belongings and cancellation.
• Guests are required to sign an indemnity form on arrival.
• Check-in is from 13h30 but before 15:30 and check-out is at 10h30/11:00
• Room Sharing policy – maximum 2 adults per room. No children under 16 to occupy their own room – parents have to split up between children into different rooms should children not share a room with parents. Only 1 child under 16 in the same room as parents.
• 50 % deposit upon confirmation.(Payment of deposit is required within 96 hours to confirm a reservation).
• Balance payable 6 weeks prior to arrival.
• Bookings made within 1 calendar month prior to arrival requires full prepayment.
• Pay by EFT or credit card (For secure online credit card payments, we require an email address and a cell phone number)
High Season Dates: 14 December 2019 – 10 January 2020 / 1 April to 3 May 2020 / 24 Sept to 10 October 2020 / 14 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
High Season Rates:
Refer to the downloadable Rate document for all the different rates
Enquire about the very affordable value for money rates we offer for Kwenga
Minimum of 4 nights will qualify for a 10% Long stay discount – *excluding peak periods/long weekends.
RATES ARE PER PERSON PER NIGHT AND INCLUDE:
• Accommodation in twin or double-bedded luxury chalets with en-suite bathroom
• All meals,
• A Sundowner drink pp p/game drive (Local SA Brand beer, spirit, wine) & snacks,
• laundry for guests staying minimum 3 nights,
• Two game drives a day in open 4×4 vehicles with licensed guides
• VAT at 15%
• Reserve entrance/gate fees @R120 per vehicle
• Conservation levy @ R28 per adult p night & @R14 per child 6 to 12yr per night (will be added to the above rates and will be invoiced with the accommodation.
• Beverages/Bar Mineral water, soft drinks, local-brand beers and house wines, Spirits, other wines, imported beers (non sundowner)
• Road Transfers (Quote on request)
• Additional adventure and sight-seeing activities
• Personal purchases, Personal insurance
• Guide and lodge staff gratuities
• Walking safaris can be arranged well in advance at a charge of ZAR 500,- per person, per walk and is subject to availability (age limit is 16 years and older). The walk is about 3 hours long. Guests with walking disabilities or difficulties, health problems or difficulty breathing, cannot partake in a walking safari
Rates Document: Kwenga-Rates-valid-2019-to-2020-updated-7-Oct-2019.docx