- Special Offers
- Child Policy
- High Season Dates
- High Season Rates
- Normal Rates
Karongwe River Lodge
Karongwe Private Game Reserve
Karongwe River Lodge, situated within the Karongwe Private Game Reserve, captures the essence of the African bush, with its enchanting view over the Makhutsi.
The spacious lounge leads onto a vast deck allowing for endless opportunity to view elephant and grazing antelope, or spend the afternoon relaxing beside the pool before being whisked away on a late afternoon safari in an open game drive vehicle, traversing over the 9000 hectares of supreme African bushveld, tracking the Big Five.
Dining under the stars has never been more romantic as you enjoy our Pan African cuisine in a rustic Boma or the beautifully appointed dining room.
Finally settle in at your leisure in one of our 11 spacious and air-conditioned suites, all with their own viewing decks & en-suite bathrooms. River Lodge offers guests a choice of 5 Luxury, 2 Family and 2 Executive Suites, with the 2 Presidential Suites enjoying their own private plunge pools.
We offer SA Resident special rates - contact us for a special quote
Address: 1 Karongwe Reserve, R36 Lydenburg Road
Activities & Excursions
All Inclusive - Meals included
Boma / BBQ
• Single supplement of 40%.
• Children are welcome
• Children between 0 and 2 years old are accommodated on a complimentary basis.
• Children from the ages of 3 years to 11 years old are accommodated at 50% of the adult tariff, sharing a family room with adults.
• All children will be charged the Reserve Fees.
• Children 12 years and older are considered adults and pay the applicable tariff.
• Children under 6 yrs are not permitted on any Game activity unless approved by the Lodge Management onsite. No prior approval shall be given. (Children are required to be accompanied by an adult on Game activity) Please note children that are under aged will not be allowed on a game drive – securing a private vehicle will also not allow this policy.
11 expansive and air-conditioned suites, all with their own viewing decks & en-suite bathrooms.
5 x Luxury Suites:
Rooms can be configured into double or Twin
The luxury suite can either be configured as a queen or twin, all beds have a mosquito nets and white crisp linen or relax in the well-appointed en-suite bathroom with its double vanity, huge walk in shower or the Victorian Slipper Bath.
Enjoy sipping cocktails from your own viewing deck while watching wildlife frolic in the distance.
2 x Family Suites:
double bed and three single beds in each.
The newly renovated Family Suites, features an en-suite bathrooms with separate toilet, double vanity and a huge walk in shower as well as a Victorian Slipper Bath. The room has one double bed and three single beds in each, all beds have a mosquito net and white crisp linen - evoking the traditional safari experience.
2 x Executive Suites:
double or twin bed option.
The newly renovated Executive Suites, features an en-suite bathrooms with separate toilet, double vanity and a huge walk in shower as well as a Victorian Slipper Bath. The room can either be configured as a queen or twin, all beds have a mosquito net and white crisp linen - evoking the traditional safari experience. Enjoy your own private deck while overlooking the beautiful Makhutsi River as wildlife emerges from the reeds for grazing. Kudu, Nyala and Bushbuck are a common sight and sometimes even elephant and even the elusive leopard.
2 x Presidential Suites:
2 doubles beds in each, with their own private plunge pools.
The secluded Presidential Suites are tucked away a short distance from the main lodge, lazy afternoons can be spent on your own private deck or from the private splash pool, offering unsurpassed luxury and privacy overlooking hippo’s or elephants playing in the watering hole.
The Presidential Suite features an en-suite bathrooms with toilet, double vanity and a huge walk in shower and Victorian Slipper Bath. The Queen beds have their own mosquito net sand white crisp linen - evoking that traditional safari experience.
Luxury Suite – 53 m²
Family Suite – 70 m²
Executive Suite - 63 m²
Presidential Suite - 99 m²
• No reservation is secure without a deposit.
• A deposit equivalent to 25% of the total accommodation is required within 7 days of confirmation for individuals (FIT’s) and within 14 days of confirmation 10% is required for a group to secure a reservation. For reservations, less than 30 days prior to arrival for individuals and groups, full pre-payment is required.
• The balance of the accommodation account is to be settled 30 days prior to arrival or, if the period is less, full prepayment will apply
• For groups, we require a 10% deposit and final commitment to confirm the reservation 90 days prior to arrival.
Cancellation fees for Individual Guests
• Karongwe Portfolio reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee equivalent to any direct costs incurred by it in attending to the reservation plus a 10% administration fee for any individual bookings cancelled more than 42 days prior to the date of the scheduled arrival.
• In the event of a cancellation, less than 42 days and more than 30 days prior to the date of the scheduled arrival, a cancellation fee in the sum equivalent to 25% of the full account will be incurred.
• In the event of a cancellation, less than 30 days prior to the date of the scheduled arrival, a cancellation fee in the sum equivalent to the full account will be charged (100%).
High Season Dates: 01 January - 31 March AND 01 August - 31 December 2021
High Season Rates:
Karongwe River Lodge - 2021
Luxury Suite - R 6 760,00 pppn
Family Suite (Min 3 guest) - R 6 760,00 pppn
Executive Suite - R 7 150,00 pppn
Presidential Suite - R 7 520,00 pppn
1 April to end July 2021
Karongwe River Lodge - 2021
Luxury Suite - R 4 060,00 pppn
Family Suite (Min 3 guest) - R 4 060,00 pppn
Executive Suite - R 5 740,00 pppn
Presidential Suite - R 6 190,00 pppn