Agulhas Country Lodge – Luxury Accommodation
Experience the southern most tip of Africa where the two oceans really meet
Located in L’Agulhas (Cape Agulhas), the Agulhas Country Lodge is built from natural lime stone and blends into the background of a rocky hill. The Lodge, with its elevated position has spectacular seaviews from nearly every vantage point.
At the AGULHAS COUNTRY LODGE the friendly staff are all committed to excellent service and they take great pride in their work. Some of our kitchen staff have been working at the lodge virtually since its inception and have made great strides in improving their skills. The atmosphere in our candlelit restaurant is relaxed and romantic with wood fires creating a cosy ambience on chilly and windy nights.
We have a fully stocked bar with a lovely enclosed balcony with stunning sea views. The cigar lounge is very popular for after dinner cognac and cigars (we stocked excellent cognacs and Cuban cigars).
We serve a four course set menu for dinner and rely on local and seasonal produce and weather conditions when determining the menu. The menu is representative of local country cuisine and is well matched with a wine list which features wines from the Robertson area and the general Overberg region with wines from Elim, Napier and Bredasdorp. The restaurant also serves traditional South African cuisine with a modern twist. Tables are decked out in white linen, Carol Boyes hand crafted cutlery, cut glass crystal stemware and plenty of candles which provide soft light with windows overlooking the bay.
The AGULHAS COUNTRY LODGE has 8 en suite bedrooms – all with seaview balconies. There are bedrooms with ¾ twin beds and rooms with queen sized extra length beds.
All rooms have showers; some have baths and showers and the two honeymoon rooms (room 4 and 8) have Jacuzzi baths and double showers. A tea/coffee station is provided. All rooms have TV’s with a DSTV selection; all rooms have heaters and most rooms have airconditioning. An overnight laundry service is available if laundry is submitted before 17h00 in the afternoon.
Activities Around Cape Agulhas
- Visit the southernmost tip of Africa where the Atlantic and Indian oceans meet.
- The second oldest working light house in South Africa.
- Take a walk on the coast passing the historic Soldiers’ Pool to the light house.
- Ghost Corner hiking trail along the coast and up to the look-out on top of the hill behind the Lodge (± 1½ hours). Circular route starting at the Lodge.
- Bird watching, whale watching (July to early December).
- Safe swimming in Struisbaai at the longest uninterrupted white beach in Southern Africa.
- Kite surfing and other water sports.
- Canoes, surfboards and cycles available to rent in Struisbaai from Way Down Africa Adventures.
- Boat trips for pleasure or fishing; also deep sea fishing, book at the beautiful Struisbaai harbour.
- Tarred runway (1100 metres) at Andrew’s Field only 10km from Struisbaai. Aircraft welcome to fly in, Agulhas Country Lodge can arrange transport. For permission to land contact Johan Roodt at Cell number: 0824839496 or Peet at Cell number: 0798767004.
- Nature Reserves: Guided or self-drive visits to De Hoop (1 hour) or De Mond (25 minutes).
- Nuwejaarsriver Wetland Special Management Area – very exciting new reserve. Excellent bird watching with hides. (30 minutes away, close to Elim)www.nuwejaars.com
- Elim Wine Route – the southernmost wine route in Africa is open and well worth a visit. There are 6 wine estates, some with restaurants within 30 minutes drive.www.blackoystercatcher.co.za
- Farm visits available to wheat, merino and cattle farms, some offering country lunches. www.nachtwachtrestaurant.co.za
- The picturesque village of Arniston is only 35 minutes drive away and is well known for its big sea cave and 200 year old fishermen’s village, Kassiesbaai. The Arniston Hotel serves delicious lunches.
- In Bredasdorp visits the Kapula candle factory, Julians Ceramics gallery and the unique shipwreck museum.
- The Bredasdorp Golf Course is a well maintained 9-hole course and is the southernmost golf course in Africa. (golf clubs to rent at the Agulhas Country Lodge).
From R795 pppn to R995 per person per night sharing
From 1200 pppn to R1500 per single person per night
Rates are inclusive of Accommodation and Breakfast
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRE-BOOKING FOR DINNER IS ESSENTIAL WHEN MAKING YOUR RESERVATION OR AT THE VERY LATEST ON CHECK-IN
Enquire about group rates, short-notice & long stays
4 Star TGCSA
* 50 m from the sea - oceanfront
* Borders on the nature reserve
* Fynbos garden with excellent bird watching
* 24 Seater restaurant with 2 fireplaces
* Enclosed balcony, can seat 8 persons for dinner; smoking
* Covered & open balconies
* Fully licensed bar
* 5 Fireplaces
* 2 Lounges, non smoking
* 1 Cigar & Cognac Lounge
* Whale watching June – November
* Weddings & Banquets (up to 30 persons)
Children welcome – under 6 years old pay half price
LUXURY ACCOMMODATION WITH STUNNING SEA VIEWS
Charm, Character & Romance
Honeymoon rooms with Jacuzzi baths
Candlelit restaurant offers gourmet dinner
Aviation/ Shipwreck Theme Bar & Cigar Lounge
* 50% Deposit required to confirm a reservation and balance 6 weeks prior to arrival
* Rates are quoted per person sharing & includes a full breakfast
* Includes 14 % VAT
* Single Supplement
* Children welcome – under 6 years old pay half price
Cancellation within 30 days of date of arrival: 25% of total reservation.
Cancellation within 15 days of date of arrival: 50% of total reservation.
Cancellation within 7 days of date of arrival: 100% of total reservation.
No-shows or departures prior to scheduled date will incur 100% of the reservation total.
Refunds & waivers at the sole discretion of the owners.