Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
Kings Camp is situated in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve. The lodge faces an open savanna plain with a waterhole, which is frequented by a wide variety of wildlife by day and night.
As part of the Greater Kruger National Park, which covers and area of 2.2 million hectares, Kings Camp offers a wealth of bio-diversity. With access to 100 square kilometres of traversing big game abounds, with each day bringing something different whilst exploring the endless fascination of Africa’s wildlife in an open Land Rover.
Timbavati Game Reserve is the proud home to the indigenous white lions which were reintegrated into the area in 2006. In addition, there are extensive populations of all members of the Big Five, cheetah, wild dog, hyena, zebra, and giraffe, more than 120 listed species of reptile and fish, as well as the gigantic bird population, all of which are put at your fingertips by the resident guides during your stay here.
Accommodation at Kings Camp takes the form of eleven colonial-style suites, equipped with air-conditioning, en-suite bathrooms with ball-and-claw baths, indoor and outdoor double showers, mini-bars, and exclusive verandahs sporting incredible views of the area.
Decadent dining at Kings Camp, from dining under the stars in the middle of the bush, or in the traditional boma beside a crackling fire, to fine service dinners around the pool or on the patio of your suite, and dining room with stunning views. Private dinners are offered on the verandah of your private suite for those couples wanting to spend time together in privacy. Unforgettable feasts during Bush Dinners and breakfasts are also offered while you will feel one with nature.
For ultimate in safari privacy, book Waterbuck
1 January 2017 – 31 December 2017
Rates per person per night sharing/ single
• Luxury accommodation
• Three meals daily
• Tea / Coffee
• Two game drives per day with refreshments
• Optional walking safaris
• All beverages excluding premium wines from our wine cellar
• Cellar wines
• Premium brand spirits, champagne, cognacs cigars and cigarettes
• Telephone calls
• Curio shop purchases
• Additional activities
• Wellness treatments
• Laundry Service
• Timbavati Foundation donations
• Timbavati Conservation Levy
• Timbavati Road Levy (self-driving guests)
• R 50 per person collection fee and R 50 per person drop-off fee for flights to and from the airstrip
A thatched viewing deck overlooking the active waterhole, and an open plan lounge and bar are ideal places where you can simply relax and soak up the tranquillity of the African bush. The spacious dining room offers stunning views of the bushveld, while enjoying the sumptuous meals.
Along with a well-equipped gym, Kings Camp offers an array of pampering treatments – a must in completing your all-round rejuvenating safari experience.
Our traditional boma is a truly memorable way to experience an evening under the African night sky. Fine cuisine and wines can be sampled while sitting near a warm crackling fire. On arrival at the boma, you will be met by your ranger, who will dine with you at your table. This is the perfect moment to reminisce, share and discuss the day’s sightings and experiences. End off the evening with a sumptuous dessert, and a nightcap before bidding farewell to the simmering fire for the calling of your suite
• Dining room
• Superb South African wines
• Terrace and thatched viewing deck overlooking waterhole
• Swimming pool
• Massage and treatment sala (see Wellness)
• Well-equipped gym
• Internet facilities
• Desktop with wireless internet connection available 24 hours
• Fictional, non-fictional books and novels
• Satellite television
• Traditional boma
• Well stocked curio shop
• Safari gear
• Local arts and crafts
• Well-equipped gym
• Fully air-conditioned and spacious
• Free weights
• Bench press
• Spinning and training bike
• Gym ball
• Gym mats
• Weight machines
• Fresh towels and bottled water provided
• Children aged from 6 and above are welcome at the Lodge.
• Children ages 6-11 years can share a room with their parents.
• Children sharing a suite with 2 full paying guests will pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. PLEASE NOTE: The child sharing at 50% will be seated in the middle seat between the 2 adults on the game drive vehicles
• We regret we do not allow children under the age of 6, unless the whole camp is booked.
WHAT TO TAKE
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Sun hat
• Sun block
• Cameras and binoculars
• Anti-malaria precautions (consult your doctor/pharmacist)
• Light, neutral-coloured clothing
• Swimming costume
• Warm jackets are essential in winter (May – Sep)