- Special Offers
- Child Policy
- High Season Dates
- High Season Rates
- Normal Rates
- Rates Document
Welgevonden Private Game Reserve
Ekuthuleni Lodge is ideally situated in the heart of the Welgevonden Private Game Reserve in South Africa and is malaria-free. Ekuthuleni Lodge meaning ‘Place of Peace’ and invites you to experience a true African luxury safari.
Aside from great Big 5 game viewing, guests can relax next to the swimming pool overlooking sweeping savannah plains during the day, or watch the sun as it sets at the end of each day. If the weather is cool, curl up with a book in one of the comfortable lounges before enjoying a delicious meal prepared with the freshest ingredients available.
Meals can be enjoyed in the cozy dining room area or out on the open-air deck, sheltered from the elements by a rustic reed awning.
Accommodation at Ekuthuleni Lodge
Each of the 5 suites at Ekuthuleni Lodge offer guests intimacy, privacy and magnificent views of the African savannah below. The suites at Ekuthuleni Lodge is giving a whole new meaning to nature on your doorstep. Romantic bathrooms open onto a private courtyard and have both indoor and outdoor showers. Families with children are also welcomed at Ekuthuleni lodge. There is an ideal family suite that boasts 2 bathrooms and an additional loft area which accommodates 2 single beds.
Two daily game drive safaris are conducted by experienced rangers who will provide intimate details of the abundant flora and fauna of the Waterberg. After sundowner drinks, guests head back to camp on a night drive using a spotlight to find nocturnal animals.
It was in these intoxicating Waterberg mountains that historically significant Bushman paintings were discovered centuries after the artists told their stories on rock. It was the Waterberg that protected, with equanimity, the intrepid soldiers and warriors who fought their battles and shed their blood on its hills.
WHY WE RECOMMEND EKUTHULENI
Intimate and private suites, Indoor and outdoor showers, Excellent big 5 game viewing, Close to Johannesburg and Pretoria
WHAT TO TAKE:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Cameras and binoculars
- Light, neutral-coloured clothing
- Swimming costume
- Warm jackets are essential in winter (May to August)
Not what you had in mind?
Here are some other lodges in the Welgevonden Game Reserve
South African Residents with a Valid Green ID or work permit may enquire about SA rates.
Address: Welgevonden Private nature Reserve
• Bottled water, umbrellas & ponchos are provided
• Two daily game drives with experienced field guide and sundowner drinks
• Game Drives Guests are advised to bring a hat, sunscreen and warm clothing (a jersey or a jacket is recommended for evening drives). Extra blankets and rain ponchos are provided on vehicles
Outdoor shower or bath
Bath and shower units
Tea & Coffee Facilities
Study / library area
Credit cards accepted
We regret, due to the inconvenience to other guests, we only allow children over the age of 6 at Ekuthuleni Lodge.
Children 6 to 11 years of age pay 50% of the full adult rate if sharing with parents. Children 12 to 18 years of age pay the full adult rate
• No children under the age of 10
• Children 10 to 11 years of age pay 50% of the
full rate if sharing with parents
• Children 12 to 18 years of age pay the full rate
• Please note that the rooms have open
balconies and the lodge and swimming pool
are both unfenced
• Children must be supervised at all times.
Five suites offer intimacy and privacy
Magnificent views of the grasslands
Romantic bathrooms open onto a private courtyard
Indoor and outdoor showers
Family Suite is luxurious and spacious. Boasting 2 bathrooms, a main bedroom and a loft area which accommodates 2 single beds. Perfect for any family wanting the ideal safari get away.
Direct Bookings: A deposit of 50% of the total accommodation charge is required to confirm
a provisional reservation and full payment is required 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Extras may be settled in camp. We accept all major credit cards.
Group Reservations: Should the reservations department require the accommodation that
is being held by the group for the same dates, we will request the group to supply us with an
immediate 25% non-refundable deposit.
• Four weeks before arrival: 50% of full amount
• Two weeks before arrival: 75% of full amount
• One week before arrival: 100% of full amount
High Season Dates: 20 December to 5 January
High Season Rates:
All Bookings over Christmas and New Year’s Eve can only be secured once a 25% non-refundable
deposit has been paid.
All Suites & Family Suite- Per Person Per Night Sharing R5300 pppn sharing
Luxury suites - Per Person Per Night in a Single R6700 p single
Honeymoon suite - Per Person Per Night sharing R6300 ppn sharing
Honeymoon suite - Per Person Per Night in a Single R8200 p single
Exclusive Use R47800,00
• Fully serviced Luxury accommodation
• Two game drives per day in open safari vehicles with sundowners and snacks
• Optional game walks – booking is essential
• Three meals daily
• Wi-Fi in central area
• Tea & Coffee
• Road transfer to and from the Welgevonden Main Gate or runways to the lodge
• Curio shop purchases.
• All beverages not included
• Telephone calls.
• Lodge Transfers.
• Park entrance fee of R150 pp p day(subject to change)
• Compulsory international fully comprehensive travel insurance
Rates Document: Ekuthuleni-Standard-Rates-for-website.docx